Re: implementing NDR parsing method into bison

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: implementing NDR parsing method into bison
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:31:36 +0100

At 16:33 +0000 2004/01/20, jonhattan wrote:
>I'm a student of Computer Engineering at the University of Las Palmas de
>Gran Canaria (ULPGC)[1] at Canary Islands (Spanish State). In my final
>project i'm going to implement NDR into bison as a new parsing method.
>
>As some of you can remember, about two years ago Carlos Javier Borges,
>another student of the ULPGC, contacted this list to announce his
>project[2] that was in part similar to mine but implementing DR method.
>He finally made a fork of bison called fullbison or bisondr[3] and this
>method was not integrated in the bison development branch.
>
>Right now i'm analizing the source code of bison because since the
>analisis of Carlos Javier Villalba (version 1.49) has been some changes.
>In the next step of my project i'll explain the NDR method and finally
>the implementation into bison will be made. My intention is to insert it
>in the current development branch so I ask you wich is the better way to
>do it and also what is the actual state of the code to insert such a new
>method with it's own skeleton and that things.

As a result of Carlos Javier Villalba's queries, Akim Demaille started to
make changes to Bison, modularizing it to make such changes as you mention
easy. However, as I recall, Carlos Javier Villalba made his own Bison
version, making the documentation only in Spanish.

I believe that you should post to the Bug-Bison list: