Re: ftpcmd.y -- syntax error

From: Tomas Stanek
Subject: Re: ftpcmd.y -- syntax error
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 20:10:52 +0200

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 01:42:14PM -0400, Jacques Dejean wrote:
> Hello Tomas,
>
> When I either remove the equal (=) sign or place it in quotes ('='), the
> command "bison -y ftpcmd.y" runs without errors.
>
> However, since I am running the command -- "rpm --rebuild
> wu-ftpd-2.6.1.src.rpm", I don't have the opportunity to modify "ftpcmd.y"
> before the build process fails.
>
> Do you have any suggestions on how to get around it?
>
> Thanks for your input.

Damn. I've replied instead of group-replied (again). Sorry.

I don't have experience with suse or any other rpm based linux
distribution but I suppose there is some way of doing:
rpm --unpack
edit the code
build, install (or maybe rpm --pack the code and then rpm --rebuild)

You should be also aware that adding '=' token to your rule changes the
grammar. (You propably are)

But I think this topic should be addressed mainly to
wu-ftpd-2.6.1.src.rpm maintaner.

Regards.