Re: ftpcmd.y -- syntax error

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: ftpcmd.y -- syntax error
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 08:06:57 +0200

Jacques Dejean wrote:
Hello Alfonso,

When I use the pre-built binary such as wu-ftpd-2.6.1-18.iX86.rpm (either
i386, i586, or i686),
I get a list of required dependencies.  One particular dependency is
/etc/pam.d/system-auth.
I have searched the mailing lists for a working solution.  Even by
duplicating the /etc/pam.d/login file to /etc/pam.d/system-auth and adding
the "service=system-auth" option, the install "rpm -I
wu-ftpd-2.6.2.iX86.rpm' still fails.

Any suggestions?

Dependencies are not on files, but on what other packages (say they)
provide - so your pam rpm does not tell rpm that it provides the
system-auth file.
This suggests that either your pam is out of date, or that the wu-ftpd
rpm you're using is for another system.
From what I can gather at rpmfind.net (search for
/etc/pam.d/system-auth), pam 0.72 or higher includes the file, so if
yours is earlier, you may need to upgrade it to satisfy the dependency.
If you installed pam from sources instead of from rpm, you can either install it from rpm, or just tell rpm to ignore dependencies (--nodeps I
think) when installing wu-ftpd.