RE: Union Type Object problem

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: RE: Union Type Object problem
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:07:48 +0200

At 16:13 -0400 2004/08/11, Urdaneta, Alfonso E (N-Summitt Technologies) wrote:

>> >don't feel bad.  no one is.
>>
>> Are you trying to offend the readers of this list? :-)
>
>No one should be offended by the truth.

So stick to the truth. :-)

>  That guy, IMO, is the greatest
>programmer of all time.

Hardly. He has done some great things, but try to read the TeX book, and
you will find it's wholly unstructured. His TeX program was an achievement,
but is full of weaknesses (check say the LaTeX3 list for the past decade).

>I'm _still_ struggling through TAOCP.

If it is his book-set you are referring to, you should try some pure math,
say that of Deligne's writings, which by way is not the most difficult math
Deligne think there is (but I do not immediately recall which). :-) Or in
CS, you could try to read some of Moggi's papers, or something like that.
:-)

(But aren't we getting a bit off-topic?)

>alfonso e. urdaneta
>
>A: Because it is completely opposite to the order in which people
>normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A:
>Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying aspect of using Outlook?

Have you studied the Klingon grammar? It sports an OVS word order, which
apparently appears in 2% of human languages.