Re: 3DLDF

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: 3DLDF
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:39:25 +0200

At 20:37 +0200 2004/08/14, Laurence Finston wrote:
>Hans Aberg wrote:
>
>> It seems that the b-splines you are speaking about are just the higher
>> degree (>3) polynomial maps
>>     f: sigma^n -> R^n
>> I suggested with n = 3. Then the NURBS curves are just a class such curves
>> when n = 4 projected down to dimension 3.
>>

>Maybe, I don't know.   I don't know that much math (I'm working on it).

I think so, except that instead of simplicies, they use something they call
knots, a sequence of numbers u0 <= u2 <= u3 <= ... <= um. The simplicies
are more convenient, at least in pure math, when modelling the algrebraic
and toplogical equievalents of (sets of) polyhedra. There is a whoel
gemoetric modelling course at
<http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/COURSES/cs3621/NOTES/>.