Re: Bison?!

From: Chuck Goldstein
Subject: Re: Bison?!
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:21:54 -0700

Hi Laura,

I recently went thru the same travail as you are finding.  I presume you are interested in a Windows version. I got my version 1.875 from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/bison.htm. Just download the 'Setup' and it will install.  It is a binary version.

 Please note, don't install to C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\ or C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\.  It wouldn't work.  Install  it to the root, C:\GnuWin32 (or C:\Bison), added  C:\GnuWin32. Add C:\GnuWin32\bin  to environment variables PATH and M4.  You should then be up and running.

Good luck and let me know how you do.

Chuck