Help regarding Error Recovery in BISON.

From: Rachna Khanna
Subject: Help regarding Error Recovery in BISON.
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:13:29 +0530

Hi,

Please help me regarding the error recovery in Bison.

My project requires that the parser does not terminate on the first
syntax error but recovers and continues parsing rest of the source file
and reports any other syntax errors found.

As far as I could gather knowledge on the error recovery mechanism is
that only by writing production rules which specifies the errors can the
parser made to be recovered and the parsing can be continued. But since
the specifications in my project is vast, this would mean that many
production rules will have to be specified which will make the parser
complex.

Is there any other general mechanism to carry out error recovery? Also
Could please suggest any detailed documentation which is available on
the error handling and recovery mechanism of Bison.

Thank You,
Rachna.