Re: error message

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: error message
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:53:51 +0200

At 12:05 -0400 2004/08/25, François Boudreault wrote:
>The game conceptors say they used version 1.35 of Bison.
>
>Should I downgrade or upgrade the bison software?

The 1.35 version is ancient and not supported, you, if you can you are
better off upgrading.

>Hoping you can help me. I'm trying to install a game
>called Planeshift ( www.planeshift.it ) on my linux Mandrake 10.0
>
>I have a 1.875 version of Bison and i get an error
>message when i compile the game.
>

>      (...)
>     Bison plugins/aws/skinpars.cpp
>     plugins/aws/skinpars.yy:61.8-12: redéclaration du type de window_item
>
>     bison -d -p aws -o plugins/aws/skinpars.cpp plugins/aws/skinpars.yy
>
>     ...failed Bison plugins/aws/skinpars.cpp ...
>     (...)

You use the option -d (= --defines), which causes Bison to write a header
file. I think that was changed was that it now writes the YYSTYPE
definition into that header. So your compiler, for some reason, sees it
twice, and you need to figure out how to avoid it.