RE: Query about error recovery in bison

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: RE: Query about error recovery in bison
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:24:52 +0200

At 15:13 +0530 2004/08/26, Ranjeeta wrote:
>> You should upgrade to at least Bison 1.75 (there are also at
>> least some beta 1.875x). These later versions will require
>> the macro program M4 to be installed as well.
>
>From the very beginning we are use Bison 1.24. The set up of the higher
>versions are bit different from Bison 1.24 so I was not going for the
>higher versions. Do you think I will face any problem with 1.24 version?

This version is so ancient, I can only wish you good luck. You are on your
own, because nobody here will help you with it

>I mean any known bugs in this version?

The best way to find out is to look at the list of fixes in later Bison
versions.

>I think this is a defect in the above code. Is my understanding correct?
>Can I remove the 2nd yyerror function call?

Since you are insisting on using a very old version, you are essentially on
your own, developing your own version of Bison. Nobody here will care.

I suggested you to change the assignment of the yyerrstatus variable from 3
to 1; have you tried that?