Re: Retrieving the string name of token

From: Frans Englich
Subject: Re: Retrieving the string name of token
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:55:02 +0000

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 06:22, Hans Aberg wrote:
> On 7 Mar 2006, at 04:02, Frans Englich wrote:
[...]
> Please keep one topic per post, with descriptive subject for each.

I know.. fully agreed. I have just this experience that if I post several
mails I get accused for "spamming" with "unjustified" questions, so I made
this poor hack of trying to sneak in another question on the side. But I
agree, it should be separate posts, and I, obviously, think my questions are
proper ones.

> > sometimes I really feel like writing rules like this:
> >
> > Rule: (A | B) C D
> >
> > Which would allow A C D or B C D. What is the reason to that such
> > constructs
> > are not possible?
>
> Simply because nobody has implemented it. I think some grads at
> Berkeley made a Bison version with such constructs.

Interesting. So who knows, it will be interesting to see if something pops up
at somepoint.

Thanks,

                Frans