Re: Google summer of code

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Google summer of code
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 06:53:11 +0200

Le 9 mai 06 à 21:45, Satya Kiran a écrit :

Sure. I will do that. When I was looking for documentation, I missed
out one important place - and that place is the comments of the code;
Thanks for pointing out. Any tips/starting points for me in reading
bison code?

Well, that would depend upon which part you wish to study.  There is
a front end, which task is to read the grammar and apply a few
transformations upon it.  Then there is the core of the program, which
builds the LR(0) automaton, then the LALR automaton, deals with
precedence, associativity and other conflicts, and then prepares
(compresses) the tables.  Then there is the  back end, which prepares
a batch of M4 definitions corresponding to the grammar, and it calls
M4 giving it these definitions, and the selected skeleton.

Basically, see... main.c :)