Re: Exceeded limits of %dprec/%merge?

From: Derek M Jones
Subject: Re: Exceeded limits of %dprec/%merge?
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 23:44:08 +0100

Joel,

YYSTYPE my_reportAmbiguity(YYSTYPE yyZ0,
                           YYSTYPE yyZ1,
                           ...)
Who writes print_reductions_func?  What does it do precisely?

The intent is that my_reportAmbiguity be able to duplicate the
functionality of yyreportAmbiguity, so it would be passed
yyreportTree as a call back.  The other parameters being those
passed to yyreportAmbiguity.

Of course developers could choose to print, or not, the tree in
their own way, but they would have to export the necessary information.

At the moment, the tree underneath a yySemanticOption is resolved (destroyed in some sense) in a bottom-up fashion as the deferred semantic actions are performed and semantic values are produced. I'm not interested in trying to change this logic.

This is the bit I am tempted to have a go at.  Stopping things
happening is probably easier than making them happen.

--
Derek M. Jones                              tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                      mailto:address@hidden