Creating a debugger for a bison designed language

From: Jachyra
Subject: Creating a debugger for a bison designed language
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:44:22 -0800 (PST)

I hope everyone will forgive me for my ignorance, but I have only recently
begun to start learning bison.

The project that I'm working on requires me to build a custom scripting
languague, that will actually compile to a windows DLL, and must have an
integrated debugger.  I have been able to work through some of the bison
examples and think I have a pretty good grasp on how almost everything
works, except for one issue.  If I use bison to essentially parse my
language and generate C code (which gets compiled to a windows binary), and
then create a debugger that attaches to the DLL that was compiled in debug
mode (for the sake of argument, lets say I'm just using dbg), will the
debugging information I get from the debugger refer to the lines and symbols
in the code that was written in my custom language, or will it be reffering
to lines and symbols that are in the bison generated "C" code?

If this is the wrong approach, I would really appreciate any thoughts or
adivce that would help point me in the right direction.