GSoC

From: Max Katsev
Subject: GSoC
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:14:05 +0300

Hello!
I'm interested in applying for GSoC for extending Bison to other languages.
But I'd like to ask some questions first:
1. List of languages. I have strong knowledge of C/C++, Java, Pascal
and base knowledge of C#, python, perl.
I found Java skeleton is being implemented. Will this assignment
include cooperating with Java one's author to finish it (if needed) or
just leave java alone?
Concerning C#, python, perl: while I don't have very much experience
with these languages, it seems to me, that generated parser's code is
not very complex syntactically, so I'm almost sure that my knowledges
(and good docs ;)) will be enough.
Also, how many languages do you expect to be implemented?

2. I think that not rare scenario is when somebody wants to create
grammar file to be converted to several languages, not one. But here a
problem with user actions arises. He will have to keep several copies
of input file with user actions in different languages.
I propose to add following feature: user creates multiple-language
user actions, marking different parts somehow, so that bison takes only
one part of each action when using specific skeleton.

Looking forward to hearing some comments, before I apply via google.

--
Thank you,
Maxim Katsev,