Re: %name-prefix: manual not consistent with bison

From: Joel E. Denny
Subject: Re: %name-prefix: manual not consistent with bison
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:27:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Rui Maciel wrote:

> I've just noticed that the manual entry on the %name-prefix option isn't
> consistent with the way Bison handles this option, as, while the manual
> states[1] that the option should be used like:
>
> %name-prefix "prefix"
>
> When Bison stumbles on that entry it throws an error. On the other hand, it
> accepts the following:
>
> %name-prefix = "prefix"

In Bison 2.3b, we added support for the first form above and deprecated
the second form.  Please check that the bison executable you're running
and the version of the documentation you're reading have the same version
number.

> Another aspect which would be nice to have on that part of the manual is a
> reference to the implications that option has on the demands it imposes on
> the
> lexer.

The documentation on %name-prefix gives the list of external functions and
variables that it renames, and the list includes those that the lexer must
interact with.  Is there something else you think should be mentioned?