Re: %name-prefix: manual not consistent with bison

From: Rui Maciel
Subject: Re: %name-prefix: manual not consistent with bison
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:16:31 +0100

Joel E. Denny wrote:
> In Bison 2.3b, we added support for the first form above and deprecated
> the second form.  Please check that the bison executable you're running
> and the version of the documentation you're reading have the same version
> number.

It's Bison 2.3, installed from the Ubuntu repositories.  The manual page
appears to be for Bison 2.4.1.

it appears then that 2.3 is an older version than 2.3b.So, to put it in other
words, it appears I need to upgrade bison. Darn it.

> > Another aspect which would be nice to have on that part of the manual is
> > a  reference to the implications that option has on the demands it
> > imposes on the lexer.
>
> The documentation on %name-prefix gives the list of external functions and
> variables that it renames, and the list includes those that the lexer must
> interact with.  Is there something else you think should be mentioned?

Weird. That's exactly what I wished for. I don't know if I should be glad that
my wishes have been met or if I should kick myself for not opening my eyes
while RTFM.

Nonetheless, thanks for the help. Kudos!

Rui Maciel