Re: Creating intelligent search 'n replace for C/C++ source?

From: tys lefering
Subject: Re: Creating intelligent search 'n replace for C/C++ source?
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 01:45:19 +0200

On Mon, April 5, 2010 21:58, Akim Demaille wrote:
> It might be http://cedet.sourceforge.net/semantic.shtml.
> That page reports that "David Ponce has ported Bison to Emacs Lisp".  I
> don't know what that means, but I'm curious :) Looked at it:
Wisent (the European Bison ;-) is an Elisp implementation of the
;; GNU Compiler Compiler Bison.  The Elisp code is a port of the C
;; code of GNU Bison 1.28 & 1.31.
This is GNU GPL version 2, Author: David Ponce dponce.com
In the cedet-1.0pre7.tar.gz in directory semantec/wisent
It has a manual wisent.info for the elisp specific parts
and some example parsers, awk, java, javascript, python.

comment in file bison-wisent.el:
;; bison-wisent.el --- Translate Yacc/Bison files to wisent
;; Wisent is a port of Bison to Emacs Lisp.  As such, existing
;; grammars as found in GNU tools such as GCC can be used almost in
;; tact.  This program will translate existing yacc/bison grammars
;; into a form wisent can handle.  It is then up to the programmer to
;; add the actions needed to tag a file, or do something else useful.