Re: FW: bison-2.3 build error: src/bison not found

From: Joel E. Denny
Subject: Re: FW: bison-2.3 build error: src/bison not found
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 08:11:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011, Ray.li wrote:

> /home/adrian/ci/home/jobs/RB-8.3.1_bds-64bit/workspace/RB-8.3.1_bds-64bi
>  t/release_64/external/bison-2.3/tests/.././src/bison:
>  cannot execute: No such file or directory

>  It appears that building bison requires bison already build, which
> would
>
>  be very strange to me if so.

Yes, bison's internal parser source is generated using bison.  However,
the bison source tarballs include copies of the generated parser source.
That is, we run bison for you, so you shouldn't have to.

If you've modified the grammar file or somehow set its time stamp later
than the generated source files, that would trigger bison to run.  In the
latter case, the easy solution is to touch ONLY the generated source
files:

  touch src/parse-gram.[ch]

> I have the same problem as Timothy Madden, but i build bison on AIX 5.3, and
> already touch all files in bison directory, and then ./configure, make.
>
> The problem not disappear. Can anyone give me some help ?

You're probably touching src/parse-gram.y after src/parse-gram.[ch].  You
should touch only src/parse-gram.[ch].