Re: %prec doesn't seem to work?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: %prec doesn't seem to work?
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 08:47:46 +0200

Le 5 avr. 2013 à 01:25, Adam Smalin <address@hidden> a écrit :

> I believe %prec is what I want but it DOESN'T do what I want. I don't
> understand what it actually does. Why isn't it making the below the same?
>
> | rval '<' '<' rval %prec LSHIFT
> | rval LSHIFT' rval
>
> It doesn't seem to change the precedence. It isn't evaluating the variable
> before < < like << does. It does ((intVar1<intVar2)<intVar3)< < Foo i
> believe. It isn't doing intVar3< < Foo which is what i checked for.

You need to read carefully the documentation to understand why
it does not do what you'd like it to.

Have you tried to have two different ">" tokens, as I suggested,
one standing for "> followed by >" and "> not followed by >"?
Both denoting a single >, but with embedded information on the
following token.