Re: Where is old documentation?

From: Balaco Baco
Subject: Re: Where is old documentation?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 20:10:07 -0300

> > ... But I need documentation for
> > version 2.4.1. I could not find a way to get it from GNU pages.
> >

> The documentation is included with the source. In bison-x.y.z/doc yo will
> see:
> - bison.texinfo. You can convert it to PDFwith ps2pdf (part of TeX). If
> you
> are
> on Windows (as I am) you can get TeX by downloading MikTeX and then run
> C:\> ps2pdf bison.texinfo
>
> You can read the man page file bison.1 with
> $ man ./bison.1
> If you are on Windows, the easiest way to get the man program is probably
> to install MSYS (from the MinGW project). You should be able to convert
> the
> man page to PDF, but the command is not working for me.

I am in linux! :D A "debianesque" distribution.

The man page I had, it is installed with the bison 2.4.1, it is too
small and only about the command. I wanted the "extra" documention
similar to the pdf we see on that page. Now that I have built it, I
wonder: was the pdf here all the time? (...)  It is not. The folder
/usr/share/doc/bison has no PDF. (...) Examining with Synaptic, I
confirmed that the documentation is not installed.

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access your email from home and the web