Re: Cfservd keeps exiting.

From: Sean Everson
Subject: Re: Cfservd keeps exiting.
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:19:46 -0400

Mark,

Based on the earlier post by Frank Smith I setup a DNS server for my internal
net with zones for both forward and reverse lookups.  I tested everything in
both directions using dig.  Everything checked out ok.  I then reran cfengine
on my test machines and was still able to reproduce the problem.

Even when I was just using host files the machines should have known their
FQDN. /bin/hostname returned the correct FQDN, the FQDN for both machines was
in the /etc/hosts file, and each machine had the FQDN set in
/etc/sysconfig/network (the RedHat net config file)

How is cfengine determining FQDN?  Are there other sysconfig changes that I
could make that would make it easier for cfengine to get the FQDN?

I have developed a work around for now, but am eagerly awaiting your bugfix.
:)

Thanks everyone for the quick responses!

-Sean