Re: CFengine on mobile machines?

From: Mitch Collinsworth
Subject: Re: CFengine on mobile machines?
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:34:54 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Kai [iso-8859-1] Gro?johann wrote:

> Of course, ideally, I'd like CFengine to update its config whenever
> the network isn't urgently needed otherwise.  If I'm traveling and
> plug in my laptop to quickly check my email, I don't want a lengthy
> download of the newest cfengine config...  So does cfengine do ESP?

If I were going to do this, which someday I might...  What I think
I would do is first run a quick test that checks both connectivity
and bandwidth between my laptop and the fileserver.  If I'm on a
decent network connection, let it fly.  If I'm on a dialup or some
other slow connection, no file downloads unless I give some command
to override.

-Mitch