Re: Copy/Purge include problem...

From: rader
Subject: Re: Copy/Purge include problem...
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:56:16 -0500

I should clarify my previous post...

 > From: Mark Burgess
 > Could someone else please test this? I do not have a spare moment right
 > now.

 > > From: Adam M. Dunn
 > >   I'm still in a bind on this one.  Any light to shed on what I may be
 > > doing wrong? (if anything)  Or is the cfengine documentation wrong or not
 > > up to date?
 > >
 > > This is what it says, "If the purge option is used in copying, then the
 > > include option has the effect of the excluding files from the purge, i.e.
 > > include means `keep' the named files."
 > >
 > > If is actually wrong, is there a way to ignore certain directories or
 > > files from the purge using filters?  No matter what I do, it just keeps
 > > deleting everything regardless of my include line, files or directories.

I think the [above] documentation is wrong... it implies that
purge=true include=*.conf should not purge FUBAR.conf... and yet
here is output where such a config does purge FUBAR.conf...

  noc(root): cd /var/cfengine/inputs
  noc(root): cat update.conf
  [...]
  copy:
    $(master_dir)/inputs dest=$(workdir)/inputs
        server=$(policyhost) recur=inf mode=640 owner=0 group=0
        type=checksum backup=false purge=true
        include=*.conf include=*.cf include=*.hosts
        ignore=Makefile ignore=RCS ignore=Tests
  [...]
  noc(root): touch FUBAR.conf
  noc(root): cfagent -Iq
  cfengine:: Purging /var/cfengine/inputs/FUBAR.conf in copy dest directory

I think what Adam needs is ignore=some_pattern... I find that
it causes files matching some_pattern to not be purged...

  noc(root): cd /var/cfengine/inputs
  noc(root): cat update.conf
  [...]
  copy:
    $(master_dir)/inputs dest=$(workdir)/inputs
        server=$(policyhost) recur=inf mode=640 owner=0 group=0
        type=checksum backup=false purge=true
        include=*.conf include=*.cf include=*.hosts
        ignore=Makefile ignore=RCS ignore=Tests
  [...]
  noc(root): touch Tests
  noc(root): cfagent -Iq
  noc(root):

The second paragraph describing include should be removed and a
paragraph for ignore should be added...

 If the purge option is used in copying, then the ignore option has
 the effect of the excluding files from the purge, i.e. ignore means
 `keep' (don't purge) the named files.

?

steve
- - -