RE: module macros are expanded too late - was Determining Solarispatch r

From: Ed Brown
Subject: RE: module macros are expanded too late - was Determining Solarispatch revisions
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:51:12 -0600

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 11:41, Martin, Jason H wrote:
> I'm using prepmodule to define classes and variables, which is necessary
> so CFE doesn't prune actions based on the classes defined by the module.

So I tested again, with this:

control:
   addinstallable = ( sl3 )
   actionsequence = ( shellcommands )
 classes:
   bar = ( PrepModule(foo,"noargs") )
 import:
   sl3:: sl3.conf

where the module foo just prints '+sl3', and the shellcommand in
sl3.conf does indeed execute.

Curious.  I can't imagine when you might use 'bar' (the class defined
based on the simple existence of the module), but I suppose if you only
copied the module foo to certain classes of machines, it could be
useful.

Still, it seems like Steve's example should work.

-Ed