Re: Running cfengine without domain

From: Alex Laslavic (Lenox)
Subject: Re: Running cfengine without domain
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:09:34 -0500

The server and client will always have to agree on a domain.  If you
don't have DNS, then you'll have to populate the /etc/hosts file on the
client so that a gethostbyaddr() call on the client machine returns its
full domain name.

There may be another way, but that certainly worked for my DMZ machines
that are without DNS.