Trying to get a copy on a pass 2.

From: christian pearce
Subject: Trying to get a copy on a pass 2.
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:21:34 -0500

Am installing a package that creates a directory path that will house
a custom configuration file.  I don't perform the copy until the
package is installed.  Which if it is successful I expect the second
pass of cfengine to pick it up.  But it doesn't.

control:

    AddInstallable = ( tlpc_installed )

copy:

   !tlpc_installed::
            $(proxy_pack_path)/$(platform)/$(tlpc_package)
                dest=$(sysnav_rep_path)/$(tlpc_package)
                server=$(parent_ip)
                [...]

            $(proxy_conf_path)/hersheys/SUNWtlpc.response
                dest=/tmp/SUNWtlpc.response
                server=$(parent_ip)
                [...]

   tlpc_installed::
            $(proxy_conf_path)/hersheys/tlpc.conf
                dest=/opt/SUNWtlpc/conf/tlpc.conf
                server=$(parent_ip)
                [...]

shellcommands:

    !tlpc_installed::
        "${pkgadd} -n -a ${admin_file} -d
$(sysnav_rep_path)/$(tlpc_package) -r /tmp/SUNWtlpc.response SUNWtlpc"
        define=tlpc_installed

Shouldn't Cfengine pickup on the fact the tlpc_installed created a
pending copy statement and perform this on a second pass?

Note: Adding the following works.

control:

    actionseqence = ( copy.tlpc_installed )

I should mention I have seen a second pass work before for other
actions like processes.  What gives?

--
Christian Pearce