help-emacs-windows

[h-e-w] Emacs 21.2 and ftp

From: Gerald . Jean
Subject: [h-e-w] Emacs 21.2 and ftp
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 11:12:17 -0400

Hello,

I am using NTemacs 21.2 on an NT box.  I am trying to ftp to an MVS machine
from Emacs with no luck.  Even when I start a shell, MS DOS, within emacs
it doesn't work??  When I do M-x ftp, or start a shell and then type ftp, I
get a prompt for the name of the machine to ftp, I type the name, then I
get:

User (mvsg.spgdag.cpop.com:(none)):

to this prompt I type my user name and then nothing else happens until I kill
the process.

If I start a shell from outide of Emacs everything works fine, when I type
ftp "name of machine" I get:

Connected to mvsg.spgdag.cpop.com:
220-FTPD1 IBM FTP CS V2R at MVSG.SPGDAG.CPOP.COM, 11:01:38 on 2002-05-09.
220 Connection will close if idle for more than 5 minutes.
User (mvsg.spgdag.cpop.com:(none)):

Then I send my userid and my password and everything works fine.  Obviously I
never get connected when doing it through Emacs.  Is
there any variables that needs to be setted somewhere?  and which ones?  Any
insights appreciated.

Thanks to all,

Gérald Jean
Analyste-conseil (statistiques), Actuariat
télephone            : (418) 835-4900 poste (7639)
télecopieur          : (418) 835-6657
courrier électronique: address@hidden

"In God we trust all others must bring data"  W. Edwards Deming