help-flex

Re: Flex & Multiple Threads

From: Vern Paxson
Subject: Re: Flex & Multiple Threads
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:40:12 PDT

> I'm unable to compile the scan.l LEX specification using the bootstrap
> scanner, initscan.c. I have tried it on the latest flex source from GNU,
> and the tarball from your page at ee.lbl.gov.
>
> If I drop the "%option reentrant" from scan.l, then it all compiles. I
> doubt it works right then. What else do I need here, a new initscan.c?

I don't have any firsthand experience with those patches, unfortunately,
so all I can offer is to try building without the %option reentrant;
then run flex on scan.l to build a new scan.c; recompile using that;
run "make check" to make sure it's working okay; then try putting the
%option reentrant back in.  Because I believe the modified scan.l doesn't
actually need %option reentrant, it's just there to exercise the scanning
during "make check".

                Vern