help-flex

Re: Flex 2.5.23 beta and C++

From: W. L. Estes
Subject: Re: Flex 2.5.23 beta and C++
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:54:57 -0400

On Tuesday, 22 October 2002,15:35 +0200, Hans Aberg wrote:

> At 09:29 -0400 2002/10/22, W. L. Estes wrote:
> >Um, I thought that functions like exit() and such worked under c++?
>
> No, they do not exist! -- Those that exist are called std::exit, etc.

My interest in supporting c++ just dropped a lot. What idiot broke
code that has been working for over a decade?

> It was only those, size_t in four or five places, and the others only once.
>
> For now, I would flip them in, later perhaps making separate C/C++ skelton
> files, like in Bison. -- You have some provisions for writing different
> code for C/C++, you could use that as well or instead, writing out
> std::exit etc. explicitly.

Yes, there will be separate skeleton files--if c++ is still supported,
that is. I've spent a lot of time trying to cope with the differences
in various C platforms, but at least that seemed possible. If the c++
standards people are going to act like morons, then I'm not interested
in wasting my time with their stupidity.

--Will