help-flex

RE: Flex 2.5.23 beta and C++

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: RE: Flex 2.5.23 beta and C++
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:42:35 +0200

At 11:25 -0600 2002/10/23, Wayne Green wrote:
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't GNU C++ ahead of the
>standards? I've gotten code to run on Borland (years ago),
>Microsoft and GNU and had to do some things to make
>everything compile with as few ifdef's as possible.

I think that the topic as such is off-topic for this list. -- Check out the
Usenet newsgroups comp.c++.moderated or comp.std.c++.

But in the context of Flex and C++, the C++ standard has existed for a few
years by now, so most compilers should have caught on in the respects what
matters for the implementation of the Flex scanners.

  Hans Aberg