help-flex

BUG: erroneous warning suppression

From: Jonathan S. Shapiro
Subject: BUG: erroneous warning suppression
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:22:54 -0500

It looks like a recent update to flex introduced a dummy function to
suppress warnings. The function name is generated from urandom. In my
case, I'm seeing:

_yy_dummy_uses_of_static_functions_b2f4_517d_02ff_b30c_3e5a_47d7_aaa3_3b5d_()

Unfortunately, it seems that the random number generator isn't getting
seeded properly, because the *same* random number is getting used for
all three of the parsers that are getting compiled into my program.

This is a regression! Programs with multiple lexers that used to compile
just fine will no longer compile at all.

Is there a way to suppress this "helpful" behavior?

shap