help-global

Re: What suffixes are supported/for what languages

From: das
Subject: Re: What suffixes are supported/for what languages
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:17:28 -0700 (PDT)

i have a .msg file that is basically a 'c' .h file
its naming is out of my control.
i appended the msg suffix in my .globalrc file like so

#
# [gctags]
#
# This command is distributed as part of GLOBAL.
#
gctags|tag command for GLOBAL:\
        :tc=common:\
        :suffixes=c,h,y,c++,cc,hh,cpp,cxx,hpp,hxx,C,H,a,sa,asm,s,S,msg:\
        ...snip...

global -vi builds all the G* files (or rebuilds them if already
present)
i do not see the .msg files in the verbose output as being parsed

i do not find the defines, types and structs defined in the .msg files
when using global in the following ways

global thing
global -r thing

i do find a list of symbol usage in files using

global -s

but this does not include the file of origin (the .msg file) in the
output.

i don't believe the .msg is being parsed though it has been introduced
as a valid suffix. perhaps a mapping is needed to tell global what
language to use to parse unrecoginized (non default) suffixed files.

thanks.

das