[Help-glpk] GLPK API

From: Tim Hultberg
Subject: [Help-glpk] GLPK API
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:54:35 +0100

First of all congratulations!  I solved a small MIP model of mine using
GLPK in 0.1 seconds where the commercial solver LINDO took 3.5 seconds
to solve it.

To be truly usefull to me I would need an API for GLPK similar to the
API's found in many commercial products, i.e. something like

void loadProblem
 (
  int m,
  int n,
  int *Cst,
  int *Clg,
  int *Rnr,
  double *Elm,
  double *l,
  double *u,
  double *blower,
  double *bupper,
  double *c,
  int objective_direction,
  int *var_type
)

void getPrimalSolution(double *x)

I could implement this interface myself using the existing API, however
it seems wastefull to me to give names to every row and column in this
case. I could also try to set up the datastructure of GLPK directly, but
this I suppose will be much faster to do for somebody which is already
familiar with the code. So my question is: "Are there any plans to add
API routines like this to GLPK?"

Best regards,
              Tim Hultberg

--