Re: [Help-glpk] Re: How to avoid output when reading in an mps problem.

From: Enea Zaffanella
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Re: How to avoid output when reading in an mps problem.
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 00:03:10 +0400

Andrew Makhorin wrote:
>> Am I correct if I assume that the problem I asked has no solution in
>> glpk 4.14 ?
>
> In order to start solving mip the glpk mip solver needs optimal solution
> of its lp relaxation, which is obtained by the simplex-based solver.
> If the relaxation has no feasible solution, the mip also cannot have any
> integer feasible solutions, in which case the mip solver does not start
> the search.

I expressed my question very badly, so you may have misunderstood.

I was referring to the problem of programmatically disabling the output.

You already answered positively as far as recent versions of glpk are
concerned and that was fine.

 > Please note that the most recent version of glpk is 4.22.

I know, but I would like to also know if there are other ways of doing
the same in older versions of glpk. The reason for being still
interested in these outdated versions is that I want to write my code so
as to be as much as possible backward compatible since, e.g., the rpm
currently distributed with Fedora Core 6 is glpk-devel-4.13-1.fc6;
similarly, for Fedora Core 7, we have glpk-4.15-1.fc7.
(NOTE: here I mean the rpm's that are automatically obtained by using
tools such as pup, the package updater available in Fedora.)

Thanks again,
Enea Zaffanella.