Re: [Help-glpk] Irrational numbers

From: Vijay Patil
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Irrational numbers
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:37:59 +0530

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden> wrote:
>> give optimal integer solution (x_1 = 2, x_2 = 2). Since there are 3 optimal
>> integer solutions, it is matter of finding all of them, instead of accepting
>> first optimal solution. I need to work on this to find

> You probably do not loose solution, and do not have numerical
> difficulties; just need to enumerate all integer solutions?

Why x1 = x2 = 2 is better than two other optimal solutions?

Andrew,

This particular optimal integer solution is needed (as variable) in the master MIP problem. If not added then optimal solution to master problem will not be "true" optimal.
In case you want more details:
http://code.google.com/p/cspsol/issues/detail?id=1#c7

--
Vijay Patil