Re: [Help-glpk] what is the difference between this two glpsol?

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] what is the difference between this two glpsol?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:51:17 +0300

> Hello, I'm a windows user, I find there are two glpsol in my glpk folder.
> One is in the w32 folder,which is build by Build_GLPK_with_VC9.bat. The
> other is in the examples folder,which is compiled by cygwin. And they are
> not the same size, the w32 is 632k, and the examples' is 785k.

Probably because one is compiled with cygwin gcc while other with msvc.

>  And the
> answers solved by them are also different.

What is exactly different? The objective? If so, how much? Could you
report the terminal output produced by glpsol in both cases?

>  So which should I use, and what is the difference between them?

There must be no significant difference. However, the version compiled
with msvc does not use the cygwin stuff (dll, etc.).