Re: [Help-glpk] what is the difference between this two glpsol?

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] what is the difference between this two glpsol?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:40:27 +0300

> I try several times. The results of the objective are same, but some
> variables maybe different.

This is normal. Your instance has multiple optima, so one solver finds
one optimal point while other finds another optimal point.

>  The most difference is that the glpsol
> complied by cygwin gcc takes more time. In one sample, it takes 97.5sec
> and 8.7M memory with the msvc compiled glpsol, but the gcc glpsol takes
> 155.3s and 8.5M.

Try 'make CFLAGS=-O3' or 'make CFLAGS=-O4' for cygwin version.

Note that you should not expect identical results for different
compilers, because glpk uses floating-point computations.