Re: [Help-glpk] script to locate depreciated APIs

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] script to locate depreciated APIs
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 18:17:52 +0300

Hi Robbie,

> A bash script, which searches for depreciated API names
> in C/C++ code, is appended.  It may be of use to API
> users wishing to check and/or upgrade their code.

Thank you.

> As a suggestion to Andrew, it could be worth listing
> depreciated calls (starting version 4.13?), together
> with their current replacements, in the API manual.
> Either as a stand-alone table in a new appendix.  Or
> provided within the documentation proper, for example:

>    Supersedes

>    This function replaced 'lpx_stale' in release 4.36.

> If need be, I can draft some texinfo (or latex) markup.
> Just let me know.

I think it would be reasonable in the future. Currently almost
all obsolete api routines prefixed with 'lpx' have been replaced by
corresponding api routines prefixed with 'glp', and the difference
between a glp-routine and its obsolete lpx-version can be seen in
file src/glplpx01.c, which contains all deprecated lpx-routines.

Andrew Makhorin