Re: [Help-glpk] Transport Problem advanced

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Transport Problem advanced
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:09:10 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, SpaceRider wrote:

Now, I insert each combination into a table. If a combination isn't
possible, the value ist "-1". All possible combinations get positive values
("0.02","0.04", etc.).

Because of that I have to insert a special rule in model:
"s.t. positive_result {i in I, j in J}: varcost[i,j] * x[i,j] >= 0;"

Is there a easier way to insert only possible combinations into a table and
to drop the special rule.

A linear table with generic entry
i, j, x[i,k]
That is roughly how GLPK's API fills the constraint matrix.

--
Michael   address@hidden
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.