[Help-glpk] Which is the closer-to-be-officially-endorsed Java (jni) GLP

From: Giampaolo Tomassoni
Subject: [Help-glpk] Which is the closer-to-be-officially-endorsed Java (jni) GLPK interface?
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 20:01:04 +0100

Hi everybody,

I'm looking one more time for a Java interface to the GLPK library and I
would like to select one which the GLPK team feels it could easily be
endorsed.

The purpose is to use it as a MIP solver from the new version of the Stan
package (which is probably quite unknown to most of you. See
http://sourceforge.net/projects/stan/ if you like to know more). The Stan
package already ships with its own jni interface to GLPK (of course, yet
another proprietary version). However, we would like to dismiss it in order
to cut most of the efforts we have to spend when the GLPK API changes. Stan
uses a very limited subset of the GLPK API.

Simply looking at 'java glpk' in Google I get a lot of edible projects, but
which is the one working better and better tracking any GLPK API change?

These are some:

        http://bjoern.dapnet.de/glpk/
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/glpk-java/
        https://gnu-glpk.dev.java.net/

Please also note that Stan is a Java product running on a few hardware and
software environments (mostly Win on x86_32 and x86_64, MacOS X on PowerPC,
x86_32 and x86_64). This means that:

- the glpk-jni-java makeup should work on these platforms;

- we would prefer a solution shipping binaries too, or else have access to a
compile farm (SourceForge dismissed its own). By the way, do you know of any
available?

Thank you,

Giampaolo