Re: [Help-glpk] Which is the closer-to-be-officially-endorsed Java (jni)

From: xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Which is the closer-to-be-officially-endorsed Java (jni) GLPK interface?
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 22:16:19 -0800 (PST)

Hello Giampaolo,

https://gnu-glpk.dev.java.net/
is not providing a JNI interface for GLPK but allows to run GLPK on the
Sun Grid Computing Utility.

The JNI interface for GLPK published at
http://bjoern.dapnet.de/glpk/
has not been updated since version 4.8 of GLPK.

There has been a discussion to include the necessary files to build a JNI
interface
into GLPK:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2009-01/msg00068.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2009-02/msg00001.html

Andrew Makhorin the maintainer of GLPK decided not to include this feature
into
his distribution.

Hence I set up the glpk-java project at sourceforge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/glpk-java/
and kept it in synch with the development of GLPK.

glpk-java is using SWIG to create the JNI wrapper classes. Therefore it is
easy to upgrade to any future version of GLPK.
(SWIG is hosted at http://www.swig.org .)

Makefiles for Windows 32bit and 64bit and for POSIX (Linux, ...) are
supplied.

Binaries for Windows are published at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winglpk/.

A package for Debian Sid has been set up
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/java/libglpk-java

glpk-java currently currently does not support callback routines. I would
welcome contributions to add this feature.

Best regards

Xypron