[Help-glpk] Linear Programming Relaxation

From: RC Loh
Subject: [Help-glpk] Linear Programming Relaxation
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:45:06 +0800 (SGT)

Hi,

I have an Integer Program and I run the GLPK to solve it. I noticed that the GLPK automatically turns ON the Linear Programming Relaxation without me specifying it. I have 4 questions:

1) Can I turned OFF the Linear Programming Relaxation? Because I want to let the GLPK run without the relaxation to see how long does the program takes to produce a result.

2) Can I say that we the Linear Programming Relaxation turns ON, the program runs in polynomial time?

3) I understand that with the Linear Programming Relaxation turns on, the programs actually produce an approximate result. But GLPK actually corrected the approximated results automatically. Can I turn OFF the correction of the approximation? Because I want to see the results without the correction.

4) How GLPK correct the approximated results?

Thank you.

Rdgs,
Paul

Get your new Email address!