Re: [Help-glpk] Linear Programming Relaxation

From: RC Loh
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Linear Programming Relaxation
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 21:30:52 +0800 (SGT)

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for your response.

However, I was pondering for the last 2 days about your response. It seems to me that the global bound is not much use for my problem. Because the global will give an *upper bound* for the reliability and bandwidth which is of no use. A *lower bound* will be more useful. So I was trying to formulate the problem to try to get a *lower bound*, but until now I am not successful of doing it.

Another question if you do not mind.

Actually the constraint of "x1+x2<=1" is to prevent x1 and x2 to co-exists together in the solution. If x1 and x2 are binary, then GLPK can produce a good solution.

However, if I will to use LPR, then GLPK gave a solution such that  x1 and x2 *can* co-exists together in the solution, which is not what I want. Is there a way to prevent this? That is, even if LPR is used I can prevent x1 and x2 to co-exists together in the solution?

Thanks in advance.

Rdgs,
Paul