Re: [Help-glpk] Linear Programming Relaxation

From: Jeffrey Kantor
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Linear Programming Relaxation
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 14:34:02 -0500

Hi Paul,

As an outside observer to this case, I'm trying to understand
precisely what you're after.  As already mentioned by others, an LP
relaxation finds a lower bound to your problem, while any feasible
integer solution (which may or may not be easy to find) provides an
upper bound.  Solving the problem to integer optimality finds an
actual solution to your problem.

Are you trying to solve your integer/binary problem without imposing
integer/binary constraints?

Jeff