[Help-glpk] Setting Up Gap Tolerance in Gusek

From: Seung Mo Gu
Subject: [Help-glpk] Setting Up Gap Tolerance in Gusek
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 22:24:35 +0400

I am currently trying to set up a gap tolerance in GUSEK for my MIP. The solver
manages to get within a decent gap within a reasonable amount of time and when
stopped, GUSEK terminates without displaying any solution. Is there a way to
have the GUSEK stop and accept a feasible solution as a valid result in the
case that it reaches a gap of let #39;s say 5%?

Also, one other thing I noticed when running the solver is that the obj value
doesn #39;t always decrease for a minimization problem. Does the status window
display all feasible (infeas isn #39;t zero but close to it i.e. 10^-14)
solutions or should it only update when a new best solution is found?

I am currently trying to set up a gap tolerance in GUSEK for my MIP. The solver manages to get within a decent gap within a reasonable amount of time and when stopped, GUSEK terminates without displaying any solution. Is there a way to have the GUSEK stop and accept a feasible solution as a valid result in the case that it reaches a gap of let's say 5%?

Also, one other thing I noticed when running the solver is that the obj value doesn't always decrease for a minimization problem. Does the status window display all feasible (infeas isn't zero but close to it i.e. 10^-14) solutions or should it only update when a new best solution is found?