Re: [Help-glpk] Setting Up Gap Tolerance in Gusek

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Setting Up Gap Tolerance in Gusek
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:29:09 +0400

> Oh, so I guess then there really is no "gap" per say. I was
> comparing my current best bound with the lp relaxation objective
> value. Thank you for clearing this up. It turns out the code at the
> time still had no feasible solution even after running for 60 hours.

If the glpk mip solver is unable to find a feasible solution for an
hour, that may mean that your mip instance is hard for it.

> After modifying my model a bit, a few feasible solutions were
> found. I guess the question remains how one would go about accepting
> the current best solution when a certain gap is achieved. There seems
> to be many references made to glp_intopt but as I am new to GLPK/GUSEK
> I am confused on how to do this.

Gusek uses glpsol, the glpk command-line solver. You may specify the
mip gap tolerance directly in the command-line (i.e. in the scite output
panel) like follows:

glpsol ... --mipgap 0.05

See also:
http://glpklabw.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/glpklabw/trunk/help/solver.html