Re: [Help-glpk] Russian characters not allowed in GMPL?

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Russian characters not allowed in GMPL?
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 04:00:00 +0400

> I #8217;m have a GMPL data set, and some of the symbolic
> parameters have some Russian characters (example:š 70000_70460_1×Ó_20).
> šGMPL issues an error statement like  #8220;character Ð not allowed #8221;.

> Any easy fix?

Glpk does not support unicode as was noticed by Xypron. However, you can
use some cyrillic encoding like koi-8 or windows-1251. Note also that such
string literals should be enclosed within quotes, e.g.

set S := "cyrillic text", "another abracadabra", ... ;

Another way is to use multibyte characters; but in this case you need to
have a specialized text editor.