Re: [Help-glpk] interpretation of MPS files

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] interpretation of MPS files
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 00:37:48 +0300

> I have seen that  the routines to handle MPS files were re-implemented
>  in version 4.38.  According to these changes I found a different
>  behavior in the interpretation of integers w/o upper bound. It seems
>  that an integer w/o a defined upper bound is interpreted as a binary
>  variable. I guess that there is a new default value for a missing
>  upper bound of an integer variable ( value of 1 instead of infinity in
>  the older versions). Am I right with these assumptions?

Yes. This modification was intentionally made to provide conformity with
the reference specification of the MPS format given in the IBM OSL
manual.

Under the heading "BOUNDS Section" and the subheading "Default Bounds,"
the OSL manual says the following:

"For integer variables, the default bounds on columns are 0 and 1."