Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: memory]

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: memory]
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 07:59:59 +0100

Hello Ronald,

memory consumption for GMPL preprocessing can be quite big,
please, check if you have enough RAM installed:
For Windows use the task manager, for Linux use command free.

For sparse matrices it is important how you do the modelling
in GMPL. The following article describes how to make use
of the sparsity in a model.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/oplinfoc/v6r3/index.jsp?topic=%2Filog.odms.ide.help%2FContent%2FOptimization%2FDocumentation%2FOPL_Studio%2F_pubskel%2Fglobals%2Feclipse_and_xplatform%2Fps_opl520.html

GMPL preprocessing can be avoided completely by directly
accessing the GLPK library. Several language bindings are
available (C, Java, Python, Ruby), cf.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Language_Bindings

Best regards

Xypron