[Help-glpk] Any users of dwsolver (Dantzig-Wolfe)?

From: Joey Rios
Subject: [Help-glpk] Any users of dwsolver (Dantzig-Wolfe)?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:43:03 -0800

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone on the list has used dwsolver.  For reference, dwsolver is an open source implementation of Dantzig-Wolfe decomposition using glpk as the solver library:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Add-Ons#Dantzig-Wolfe_decomposition

I'm hoping to get some problem instances if anyone has any they've developed.  I have some of my own and I've generated some random problem instances, but those are unsatisfying.

Oh, I'm the author of dwsolver.  My interest is in doing some computational tests on 'real' problems.  Turns out it's hard (in the NP sense, I think) to decompose a given LP instance into the correct form for DW decomposition.  It's much easier to generate the decomposition if you know the model you are using.

If you have any instances you could share, please email me or the list.

Thanks,
Joey

PS:  dwsolver has had 400-ish downloads from around the world!  Mostly Spain for some unknown reason!